Monday, December 8, 2008

so i probably shouldn't have worn my party hat....

Last week I had to go to "unemployment orientation." I got the letter and I'm all DUDE, SWEET! Unemployment orientation, I assumed, would cover fabulous topics such as "What shows to watch after regular people's bedtime", "Places that give free pedicures every Tuesday from 8-10 am" "Secrets sales that only happen when the rest of the world is at work" (actually I already knew about that, I planned to talk about my $2.99 shoes) "Things you always wanted to do but don't because you don't have enough time" and "Sweatpants: the new Business casual." Also, I figured there would be a grab bag of unemployment essentials such as restaurant coupons, 6 months free Comcast, a TV guide, a gym membership and maybe bon bons. I also figured there'd a snack table and maybe an open bar since, you know, none of us had to go back to work afterwards.

boy, was I wrong.

1 comment:

min.D said...

This reminds me of a cute book I read on my honeymoon. The full title from Amazon: Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office. Party hat or Prada, turns out neither is acceptable.