Monday, November 1, 2010

Something awesome.

A couple weeks ago, the lovely and talented Jen wrote me and said that she had a new photography technique to try and wanted JJ and me to be her models. yay! So we made plans and JJ and I put on cute matchy outfits, thinking that we'd be doing engagement-style pictures with whatever new-fangled idea Jen had. What we got was nothing at all what we were expecting.

This is one of the coolest things ever. She had us answer a bunch of questions that made each of us deep dive into our thoughts and feelings and share them with each other. It was kind of cool to be hit with an assignment to look into your heart at an unexpected time. I think I cried for 80% of it. Awesomely enough, I think I laughed for the other 20% :)

I think that every couple should do this. It's odd that a photo shoot had so little to do with the pictures, but they were the last thing on our mind. We had an fantastic time and carried the intimacy of the morning away with us. The experience was amazing and every time we look at the pictures, it will take us back to all that we shared on that delightful rainy morning. Thank you, Jen.

http://thisisluminous.com/index2.php#/gallery3/1/

4 comments:

Jen Hecht said...

Aww. Yay!!! You two were awesome. And beautiful together. I just knew you'd roll with it... and it was SO great!

Gabrielle said...

The pictures were beautiful my dear!! Thinking bout maybe doing something like that for chris and I

Eva said...

Those are beautiful! And it sounds like a wonderful experience.

Jen Hecht said...

Gabrielle! I'll find you on Facebook. We should talk!! You and Chris could be my next victims :)