Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sunny Saturday!

After our rock and roll adventure on Friday night, John and I woke up Saturday with a plan! We borrowed our friend Jason's truck and went to Home Depot for some supplies and came home and John built this flower box for our lone rogue tulip.
Photobucket
I am so super excited about it. When we moved in, we did a total overhaul on the yard and tore out almost everything (seriously, it was bad). John built a fence and a motorcycle shed and we made an adorable garden box out of leftover wood. After a few summers of BBQs and hanging out there, we kind of lost interest. This is probably about the same time we got the big motorcycle. just sayin... priorities. On that topic, I decided this year  we couldn't take a weekend motorcycle trip until we got our yard presentable.  Our yard has been in a state of disrepair for a couple summers and the original garden box was built with non-weather proof wood and finally just kind of disintegrated.  Last year, I hired a major spring cleanup and I did fall cleanup on some of the most crucial overgrown items.  Last weekend I chopped down the bamboo that was growing out of this box area. I took out all the big weeds and while John was building the box, I hit the main sections to get all the small weeds, fluff up the bark chips, and John dug up most of the bamboo roots. Finally, I added a few more plants and the next day scattered a bunch of seeds.  At the end of our sunny day, we sat out there and had a beer.
Photobucket
Summer BBQs are back..

1 comment:

monster cakes said...

love the walking to dinner idea. Thanks!