Friday, June 10, 2011

Fashion Friday

Oh joy of joys, some sun!  Yesterday I came home about an hour early and sat in my back yard in my shorts with a beer.  Delight.  I don't wear this look very often, but I love long skirts.  This particular skirt is a size 16 in kids, so I'm grateful that some person at Goodwill about 4 years ago mistakenly put it in the adult section without checking the tag. 
Photobucket
Something cool I've learned is that when you have a skirt, shirt, or dress that you never wear but can't seem to get rid of because you love the fabric, you can simply cut it into a strip and turn it into a scarf.  I've done this with a couple items and it turns something that you love but never wear into a much smaller item that you still love and have far more opportunity to wear.  This scarf was once a cute little dress that never quite fit right.  Transformed into a scarf, it fits perfectly.  It also give a chic look to 4 day old sweaty workout hair. 
 
Photobucket
It's undoubtedly my mother in me, but for most of the summer, my wrist will look just like this. The turquoise bracelet is a hand-me-down from her and the silver bracelet is my all time favorite from our first trip to Mexico. I wear it so often that I think next year I will have to get another one to replace it; I'm actually wearing it out.  and those are my Honeymoon rings, from 2 different Mexico trips.
Photobucket
As much work as it takes to keep this overgrown backyard from completely enveloping our house, I have to admit it really is pretty.

No comments: