Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Li.bar.y

I have a book club with a guy I met in a bar.  It's a guy John and I befriended and almost immediately, he and John deep dove into smart guy stuff and I had to go shop for shoes to avoid sitting there and smiling politely for hours.  However, after a couple times hanging out there and becoming FB friends, there was a time when he said something that made me bring him a book to read.  When he returned it, he brought one for me.  This weekend, I stopped by the bar after a FB message from him and asked "Did Nathan leave anything for me?"  Behind the bar are two books (the last one I gave him plus a new one for me) with a sticky note and my name on it.  I will read it and carefully select one for him, and send him a message when I've dropped them off at the bar with his name on them.  It's pretty fun.  I hope neither of us get a Kindle or stop drinking.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love this story.