Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eely Eelerton

I was dubbed "fishgirl" years ago... I'm a fishkeeper, aquarist, one who has fish... as much as I love going into the details of my hobby, i'm not going to do it right now. I am going to introduce one of the family! This particular wet one captures the heart of most visitors and is quite popular. I found her in a fish store about 6 years ago. I went towards the back where the tanks looked empty and spotted her. The store people didn't know she was there. She was about 5 inches long then. I think I offered them $5 for her.... She's a fire eel. today she is a proud 28 inches long and her favorite pastimes include having snacks and hanging out in the eel tube. Her favorite snacks are shrimp and crickets. She enjoys meeting people, in case they have snacks, and will absolutely bite your finger.. hard. because if it comes off, it will definitely be a snack...

Miss Eely Eelerton:



This is the "please give me a snack" look...



PS: I don't know that she's a she, but she looks like a she to me.

No comments: