Monday, January 5, 2009

It's not that I'm ignoring you....

Well, first there was Mexico, where we were for a while and its not cool to blog when you can be on the beach. then we came home to the snow and I was more interested in cleaning my house and unpacking our sand covered bags and getting my life organized after being gone than blogging. Then there was New Years, which I must say was really awesome and we spent a simply perfect evening with our BFFs and then on New Years day we spent a perfectly simple day with them too. Then there was a weekend that we spent together doing John and Shannon things. and tomorrow, John goes in for surgery. If you're one of those people who doesn't know about this, we found out right after Thanksgiving that John has cancer, a big (like football big) tumor in his abdomen. Now, he's named it Tommy and I can't stop teasing him about being pregnant (seriously, he sleeps with a pillow under his tummy and to take it out, he'll get an epidural. how can I not make the jokes?!) but at the end of the day, its scary. He's going to be fine, but that doesn't make us able to skip all the fear and discomfort and lack of control that will take place until then. So for now, I'm going to continue my sporadic blogging and will get back to normal, well, once we have some semblance of normal ourselves. In the meantime, thank you to all of our very supportive and fantastic friends and I will post updates as soon as we have them.

2 comments:

John Judy said...

I always liked the way Blag Dahlia put it: "It's not that we don't love you, it's just that we don't care".

Oh, and thanks for knocking me up Shannon. You said it couldn't happen if we did it "that way".

Dr. A said...

Epidurals are awesome. I got one for Christmas last year (2007) and totally would do it again.

Do you get to keep Tommy if you ask nicely?