Monday, February 23, 2009

80's!

I remember the 80's.... getting ready for a school dance, listening to the Tiffany cassette, deciding which of my little crop tops to wear with my stone washed Jordache jeans with the ankles held tight bit a zipper with a bow on top. I'd wear three watches and at least a couple pairs of socks layered over my jeans. I had blue mascara and hair that on a good night, would be ratted out to the width of my shoulders..... ah, those days were fun. Luckily, these days, people can throw 80's themed parties! Our lovely friend Jen threw one such party this weekend for her birthday. John rocked it....
I am kind of sad that I didn't hold on to those lovely Jorchaches, but I managed nonetheless. Do we get bonus points for wearing legwarmers that I actually had in the 80's? oh, my earrings too. totally legit.

The Jens.
Oh, did I mention there was also roller skating! it was like, totally radical.
PS: in 1987, I was a 7th grader, Birthday Jen was 10, and John was graduating high school :)

2 comments:

EvieG said...

Where did you roller skate? Was that a school? Cute!

Shannon said...

it was at Mt Scott Community Center... it was really fun!!!