Monday, April 13, 2009

Rock and Roll Easter

Instead of the more common food-fest and egg gathering of this holiday, John and I headed out to the Turbonegro show. They are a band that we both like and who have given some of the best live shows we've seen. We got there early and hung out with friends and got to stand right in front, as close to the stage as possible. In order to get that spot however, we had to stand there through the first two opening bands. Normally that would be fine, but the second band were hmm, how do I put this..? Not necessarily guys that you want to see up close. Not lookers. They rocked, but by the end I couldn't watch any more. Also, not their fault, but the guy next to me smelled like asparagus. I think when the shirtless hairy backed guy sloshed John's head with his hair sweat is when I totally gave up watching and rocked out looking at my boots (which were good, so it wasn't all bad). Not that this was a rock star lust-inducing show, here's our main attraction, Hank, of Turbonegro....
Those were some good arm warmers though, I might have to copy them for a costume. This wasn't my favorite show that they've done, but we had a good time. AND our friend Alex (to whom we now owe a huge favor!) scored us a drum head that every member of the band signed. ROCK!

No comments: