Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mushrooms

Every Memorial Day since we've been together, John and I have gone mushroom hunting. We hunt for morels (no, not the trippy kind). John's family always did this when he was growing up and it was kind of a litmus test for coupledom. Would I like hunting? Would I be any good at it? Would I like the taste of the mushrooms once we found them? yes, yes, and yes! Funny enough, the first time we went out hunting with his folks, his dad teased me about being accepted in the family based on my mushroom hunting ability. I want both Judy men to note that this weekend I found: The first mushroom, the biggest mushroom, and the most mushrooms.

2 comments:

EvieG said...

Trippy Longstocking...

Dr. A said...

Clearly you're at one with the fungi. I predict many delicious meals in your future. *drool*.