Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vacation recap

I started to put pictures together for this update and I just have too many to post. I'm not very good at trimming it down and recapping the trip without completely sidetracking and ending up with a novel instead of a blog post. So instead, I'll sum it up with some simple stats:

Rental car: Dodge Avenger (meh)
Best thing about rental car: satellite radio
Places we slept: Pendleton, Owyhee Reservoir (in a tent), Ontario, Burns, Prineville,
Percentage of days we had good coffee: 100 (wow!)
Favorite road snack: Lunchables
Fish caught: about 300 (we didn't keep them all)
Mushrooms found: 0
Number of bars we hung out in with animal heads on the wall: 2
Number of bartenders who told me that the drink I ordered (tomato juice and vodka) sounded gross: 2
Times that snowy roads made us turn around: 1
Animals we saw from the car: Deer, antelope, elk, bobcat, hawk, vulture
Videos taken of John dancing: 1
Things that I ate/drank my weight in: corn, Coors Light, tacos
Friends who hung out on our porch while we were gone and got drunk and left us flowers: 2
Times I washed my hair: 0

No comments: