Friday, June 12, 2009

Shoes!

Sometimes when people see my closet, they ask how many pairs of shoes I have. I don't know. I've never really seen a reason to count them. Plus, how do you count them? Boots and shoes would have to be separate, and I would have to include costume footwear in its own category (glitter boots, sequin pumps, blue suede hooker boots? I mean, yes I own them, but its pretty rare that I go in there in search of them when I'm getting dressed for dinner...) and what about some awesome old pairs of hand-me-downs that my mom has given me that I just don't wear very often? They're like antiques. What about the shoes in my hope chest from when I was younger? My first heels (polka dot), my America Converse, my Dinosaur Converse (Conosaurs... hee hee)... They are shoes, but more about keepsakes than stuff I'm going to wear. What about my pointe shoes?! I save them, but I don't really plan to wear them anytime soon. and what about my regular dance shoes, they shouldn't really count. I mean, I can't exactly wear them outside of the studio or performances. and what about the character shoes and spare pair of running shoes I keep at the studio? and what about my hiking boots and moon boots? They don't even live in my closet. What about the old pair of running shoes that I keep in case I have to wear a pair of shoes that might get ruined? It hardly seems like I should count them... so those are all the ones that I don't really think I should have to count, you can imagine that I have plenty that would count. (PS: If you are a size 6-6 1/2, no, you can't come over.) I will count 3, because there are 3 that were added this week. Note that its not normal for me to add three pairs in one week... I was walking through a resale store that just happened to be located between my car and the coffee shop and these $12 lovelies jumped onto my feet and wouldn't let me leave the store without them...
Then a few days later, I noticed that my running shoes were just done. After 9 months of 20-25 miles every week, plus teaching dance in them, they had no more spring in their step, and the sole was completely worn out. Like, my sock almost touched the ground. So, new running shoes... Which reminds me of a funny story.. When I was checking out, the gal said "ooh, small feet! I see so many women come through here with like, 9's or 11's.. I feel sorry for them." I found this funny because a) it was totally unsolicited and random and b) it reminded me that my mom and grandma always told me that women with small feet were well bred. Easy for my grandma to say with her size 4 1/2s....

And lastly, my BFF is getting married and I am going to wear a red dress that she likes and I needed good shoes to go with it. and today, I just about tackled the UPS guy when he drove up to deliver these......
So if you must know, I have at least three pairs of shoes. oh crap, I just talked about other shoes a few days ago.... so at least 4 pairs.

1 comment:

min.D said...

Those shoes. Are. Fantastic.