Sunday, February 28, 2010

Uphill in the snow, both ways...

I feel bad when I get up early in the morning to work out in the and know that JJ is upstairs trying to get some precious extra minutes of zz's to sound of my Jillian Michaels inspired thump-thump-thumping in the living room. I turn the volume way down, and I'm only a 120 pounder, but there's still noise created when I'm jumping around. Easy solution: purchase dvd player for the tv that's down in the Ritz (aka the spare room in our basement) and go workout there in the mornings! Ba-bam! There's plenty of room, I can be loud if I want and JJ can wake up without wondering when the elephant herd will be done passing. Plus, I can leave the tv setup for the dvd rather than switching is back to normal by using three remotes like I have to do now (that took some training....). So I hopped my ass to Goodwill to grab a cheap dvd player and brought it home. JJ went to set it up for me and said "um Shan, you didn't get a dvd player, you got a cd player.." D'OH! ok, so I'm a girl. I went back to switch it for an actual dvd player and JJ went back to set it up for real. As he started he said that my tv was too old to have the right plug ins for dvds. That was the tv I had in college, not some ancient dinosaur that I got from my grandma. I bought it, new, in college. and apparently that's before dvds were invented. Happy early 35th birthday, Oldie Hawn.

2 comments:

EvieG said...

awwwww! I love your pun names.

Shannon said...

I have to admit I stole that one from The Simpsons :)