Friday, December 3, 2010

Fashion Friday

For as often as I wear black, I have to admit that my favorite color for work outfits is brown. I love the richness of mixing brown with colors. I'm still on the quest for a good brown skirt and I'd love a pair of brown pants as well. Cool brown clothes are surprisingly hard to find which makes me very happy about this sweater. On top of it's brownness, its also soft and flattering. I have some additional color and brown combos in my head, but they kind of have to work around the limited staples I have (sweater and tights and boots and shoes. poor me, I know.). Here goes one combo: Navy and Brown. I just ordered this denim skirt online (which I never do, for fear of things not fitting) and I think it's adorable. The design is cute on the sides and the back too. My navy socks are sleeves from a shirt in my goodwill pile. I have always been in love with labradorite and this necklace makes me happy whenever I wear it. My trusty scarf has been featured here before and I still can't believe how a remnant piece of fabric can get so much wear.
I'm afraid that I may have a series of pictures in the office over the next couple months. It's dark when I get to work (as shown) and dark when I leave, which limits (but does not make impossible!) outdoor shots. Awesomely enough, I get to work before my cube-mates, so I don't have to do this in front of anyone :)

No comments: