Friday, December 10, 2010

Fashion Friday: Friend-spiration

We have 2 looks for today! Early in the week, I wanted to find a good way to rock my Evie booties and had been composing black-based outfits in my head. I still plan to pull one of those together, but had an epiphany as I zoomed into the cute little buckle on the booties. It's not quite the same, but maybe...? yes! I pulled out this hounds tooth skirt (previously alluded to when I wore it's sister skirt here) and some turquoise earrings and viola! The only real life interaction I've had with hounds tooth is my lovely friend Amy's coat, so I think of her every time I see it in my closet. I think she would like this outfit.
Once upon a time during a Sugar Q practice, I noticed an awesome pair of boots left at the studio. I immediately put them on and wore them to practice in that day (forget your stuff at the studio at your own risk :)) As much as I would have liked to steal them, I would be mortified if someone took my awesome boots from the studio. It turns out they belonged to Annie and well, if I would have known that then, I would have just done it :) I've taunted her about them ever since. She walked in to the studio this week carrying those boots and told me that I could borrow them for a while!!! I decided to rock them the next day with a look that would pull all attention to their cute buttons. I paired with an oddly shaped shirt and an old necklace of my grandmas.
Thanks for this week's inspiration, friends!

No comments: