Thursday, February 24, 2011

Home is where the heart is

You know some of those things in your house that you walk by and always make you smile? I'm going to share some. First, our house is super colorful. When we moved in we painted almost everything and I'm proud to say that we have no white walls. I tried to tie the rooms together by keeping one color consistent as you pass from room to room. In some rooms, I painted the inside of the door frame a different color than the rest of the frame so that when the door is open, a little slice or color peeks out. So, the colors make me happy. Also, every time there are flowers, I put them here. I love when they match the painting.
This was by accident, but I moved the deer candle to the fish tank when I got the bird candles above, and I love how it perfectly opposes the crazy plant in silhouette.
Oh, how I scoured the magnet pile for "I," "am" and "the" when I saw this walrus. I laugh at my hilarity each time I reach for the nearby bottle opener. (Also, bonus for the nearby random NoDak magnet from a motorcycle trip.)
Our crazy, short tailed, possibly learning disabled cat Pickles, in the only picture I have of her looking interested in me.
Toki, our beloved fat cat, glaring at me because of the empty food bowls.
and this guy. Although this picture isn't taken at home, he's who I share it with and it's perfect.

No comments: