Monday, December 28, 2009

Well, I didn't see that coming.....

If you've been around me at all, you have probably heard me talk about the Jillian Michaels workouts. I love them. John, who's around me a lot, has heard enough that it piqued his interest enough to do some with me the day of Christmas (the gym was closed anyway, so he didn't lose any man points). We slid the coffee table out of the living room and did the first 20 minute one and then decided to do one more and call it good. At the end of the second one, we were doing jumping jacks or something and all of a sudden...CRASH! Shit! We have a 5 foot bookcase in the living room and on top of it is a lamp, a candle holder, and the betta tank. Next to it, I usually sit in the chair and put my laptop on a short, foldable table. All of our ruckus had shaken the bookcase enough that the betta tank had scooted to the edge until it fell. ..directly onto my laptop. Water and gravel were everywhere, poor Bob was flopping on the floor and the laptop was wet and smashed. I grabbed Bob and threw him into a big tank and JJ grabbed the laptop and tried to dry it was quickly as possible. As he worked on that, I tried to dry up the floor and scoop up gravel. About an hour later, we had done the best we could. Currently, the laptop is in a large bag of rice, to dry it out. We aren't holding much hope though, I think the weight of the tank landing on it did as much, or more damage than the water. John has set me up with an account on his laptop and I have spent the last two days feeling very relieved that I have been so diligent about always backing my photos up to the storage drive. I didn't lose anything.* Well, except the laptop. And Bob, who survived the three foot free fall onto the computer, is making himself at home in the big tank. I told him next time he wants to get on the internet to please just ask.

*Recently, John's company gave everyone new ipod nanos. I had been wanting a new one for a while as my old one is small and every time I want to add a song, I have to go remove something first. John totally gave me his brand new ipod. In switching to it, I had to upgrade my itunes and the new ipod holds all of my music. I did not have most of my purchased itunes backed up (most of my music from cds and whatnot lives on the storage drive, so it was fine) and was worried they might be lost. However, with the new ipod, and upgraded itunes, I was able to simply transfer my purchases from the ipod to my itunes. I had to redo the playlists, but everything was there. +10 bonus points for John and his technology generosity.

1 comment:

John Judy said...

I defy any guy who gives me grief for doing a Jillian Michaels exercise video to actually do a Jillian Michaels exercise video. It wasn't a trivial workout.