Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'll hire you to plant tulips.. two lips, right here!

Little Pink Devotional has me thinking.... about listing the jobs that I should have and reviewing some of the jobs that I have had. Right now, as I sit here on unemployment, I wonder what's next. Some things I think could be the next me and some are further down the road....

Sales chick for something cool
Sales chick for something that isn't very cool, but excites the nerd in me
Owner/sole employee (for now) of business selling pasties and cool accessories
Operations/Logistics Manager for some small business I haven't met yet
Dance/fitness teacher (always)
Giant petting zoo/Animal consultant. OK, this job doesn't exist, but if it did it would mean that I have lots of animals and you could come hang out with them and we as a team could help pick what pet would fit into your life and I would find it for you. I'd probably set up and maintain fishtanks as well.
Vacation photographer
Personal closet organization/shopping/fashion consultant
Housewife to independently wealthy husband (John, get on that) so that I can do something above without concern of income
Unknown/To be determined.......

I regret few of the jobs I've had and even the ones that I hated, I certainly learned something from.... Some of them even made me a better and/or smarter and/or at least street smarter person. These are some of the jobs that I've had (including only jobs where I've gotten paid):

Sugar Beet weeder
Tree weeder
Stall Cleaner
Dance teacher
Bank Teller
Dinosaur Museum Guide/Dino Dig instructor
Choreographer
Model
Receptionist/Scheduler at interior design company
Executive Assistant at furniture company
Admin at a software company
Receptionist at Bar Code hardware company
Admin at Bar Code hardware company
Salesperson at Bar Code hardware company
Salesperson at Golf Cart Part company
Salesperson/Tech support/Product Management/Marketing at software start up for Field Service software
Dance teacher (again)
Salesperson for Inventory/WMS Software
Burlesque Dancer

hmmm. I feel like each line is a puzzle piece.

hmm. I wonder what it's going to make.

No comments: