Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We make the rockin' world go 'round...

I know I've mentioned it before, but my class is one of the best things on this earth. like, really. Now from my vids, you don't get to see the individual progress of each student, or the songs that some of them just really embrace, or the ones that turn into staples that encourage new people to stay in class, or any of the other little things that makes every single one of them so super special. Every time I tape a routine, I watch every version I taped enough times to watch each girl in the video to see her specific interpretation. it elates me.

This particular routine is special. First, I loved it the first time I taught it, a while back. Second, one of our Vega students requested some private lessons to this song to be performed by her and her bridesmaids for her new husband at their wedding reception, unbeknownst to him. awesome. (PS she's not in this video because she's pregnant, the dance totally worked...) Third, I have a secret dream of doing this routine on a grand scale. I want to broadcast a one hour workshop at Vega one random weekend and have everyone, I mean everyone, learn it. Then I want to march our asses down to Pioneer Square and dance it. I'd invite the news and everything. It wouldn't mean anything and would be over in a minute and a half, but dude, it would be kick ass. you should come. This is for everyone with a Bubble Butt, Budunkadunk, or Junk in your trunk.... Here's your inspiration:

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

Shan,
I am inspired. I promise to watch this, practice, and should the time come, be ready to join the masses at Pioneer Square.
Love, Ms. A

EvieG said...

workshop followed by march to Pioneer Square? Consider it done. It can be an annual event.