Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Bliss.

I had the most surprising and sweet birthday. My mom sent me a box o' goodies on Monday full of purses and jewelery, things every girl must have. On my actual birthday, as is tradition here in my little work pod, I came in to find my cube decorated from top to bottom. When she arrived, Char brought me flowers. Shortly thereafter, John came by with a Victoria's Secret gift card box and my favorite chocolate covered caramels. I got a call from the front desk to come up and pick up another set of flowers, from John, and BFF Kim had dropped a bag of goodies as well. In there was the best card ever, our traditional champagne of choice, and a pretty lingerie set! and even though my hands were full, Kate topped it off with a Starbucks card!
Feeling lucky beyond belief, I headed back to my cube and later in the afternoon, ANOTHER set of flowers came from birthday buddy Joi. Then, Barb stopped by with a gift certificate to our work bar. wow, friends, wow! About 3:00, I went to get a cup of coffee and while I was standing in line the guy behind me asked about my tiara and when I told him it was my birthday he said "Well, there's a special today where I will buy the birthday girl's coffee!" So sweet and unexpected.
When I got to dance, Carrie had made me a special birthday cupcake.
All that, plus about 150 Facebook messages, I am so lucky.

No comments: