Friday, March 18, 2011

Fashion Friday

On photo day, it was raining so much that I couldn't bear to go outside for outfit photos. It was so torrential of a downpour that I also did not jog outside, and I drove the 4ish blocks to the gym to run on the treadmill. I'm glad that the inside shots turned out OK since I'm not used to doing them that way. It also was an unexpected bonus that I coordinated my outfit with the paint scheme.

Guess what I finally found? hints here, here, and here. A brown skirt! ta-da! It's not what I thought I would end up with but I like it. It is the first brown skirt I've tried on that I didn't immediately glare at and take off. It's pleather, which I didn't expect to come home with. Although now that I have it, I think a brown leather skirt would be a worthy investment. While I'm at it, I would wear a suede one as well. I am anxious to style this with colors and other variations of brown, but I admit I've worn this exact outfit twice (with different shoes each time). It's simple and slenderizing and I feel girlie in it. Probably because the skirt is high waisted, I feel like it gives me some curves.

I actually liked the skirt so much that I went back and got another one in black. Here's my "biker chick goes to the office" look. PS: this shot is from last week, I didn't rock matching skirts back to back :)

No comments: