Thursday, August 18, 2011

...and it opened up my eyes.

Yesterday I had a yearning to be waking up somewhere in the middle of nowhere and riding for the day to land in the middle of another nowhere. On those fantastic days on the road, we see a lot of signs. This one from Fairview makes me happy.
Photobucket
Budweiser Clydesdales?
Photobucket
Hubba hubba
Photobucket
Something about Montana is that they are serious about their meth warnings. We passed about a hundred "meth..not even once" signs that ranged from billboards to homemade signs nailed to roadside fences. Then we ran into meth truck...
Photobucket
whoa. They also like their anti-abortion signs, so there's lots of pro-life signs. This creative sign maker tied the messages together in one giant barn painting!
Photobucket
This looks like the best lunch place ever! it was someone's house.
Photobucket
Cute.
Photobucket
We had to drive past this one twice to take it all in. I like imagining the person who came up with the idea busting our their stencils and paint to create this flag uterus sign to display in front of their house.
Photobucket
This is kind of scary. When I was in 7th grade, I'm pretty sure our art competitions were about recycling and I kind of yearned for that to be the case again when I saw this.
Photobucket
Wait, what? Why?
Photobucket
Oh.
Photobucket
At least they are using all the parts after they kill it..
Photobucket
Clever, those who make church signs.
Photobucket
Jesus is totally going to want his picture by this wall when he comes back.
Photobucket
"Hey"
Photobucket


No comments: