Wednesday, August 3, 2011

NoDak and Back 2011: Around the block

Something I look forward to when I am back home is running at the farm. Usually I try to wake up with the sun to do it. This gives me the opportunity to take awesome pictures, avoid the heat of the day (although I enjoy those hot jogs too...), and get it out of the way before everyone else is up. The first morning we were there, I couldn't wait to turn out of the the driveway to see this:
Photobucket
I was only about a quarter mile down the road when I heard a motorcycle behind me. I pulled over to the ditchbank to stop and see who was out early checking water...
Photobucket
John decided to join me!
Photobucket

Photobucket
This was awesome because I could jog as far as I wanted and have a ride home if I needed one! I was feeling good despite the long trip, late night, drinks, and early morning so I decided to go around the whole block and give John a tour. In the country, the block is mile each way, and the four mile route would go past some of our family's houses, plus many places that had childhood stories..
Photobucket
We're off!
Photobucket
As we turned from mile 2 to 3, it was getting hotter as the sun crept up, casting a beautiful glow on the fields..
Photobucket
John stopped to inspect the grain.
Photobucket
The tiny remnants of last night's storm.
Photobucket
I already can't wait to do it again next year.
Photobucket

No comments: