Monday, August 25, 2008

pedal pal.....

When I met John, he was big time into cycling. I joined him for a while and our weekend life revolved around many beautiful rides out in the various countrysides near portland. The best ones, for me, were the 20-40 miles rides. more than that got to be a little bit rough. However, I did make it through two centuries (100 mile rides). I am glad that I did that and have it in my back pocket, but I don't think its something that I will want to do again. John was a fantastic cyclist and he rocked the races out at PIR for a while too, coming in second on every race he did :) that was all a few years ago and since then, we haven't done a lot of riding. I even sold my Trek. however, we have talked about riding a little more, out to coffee or the bar instead of walking. Toni's bike pub crawl was just the incentive we needed to put that plan in gear and get me back on a bike. Meet "Sparky":

In addition to the ride on Saturday, we went out for breakfast on bikes on Sunday morning and then down to Hawthorne for lunch and shopping on Sunday. The "seat muscles" are a little sore, but we really had a blast.

No comments: