Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I never would have guessed...

On Saturday, John and I decided to do one of our favorite Saturday outings. We got up and each got in a good workout, met back at home and caught the bus downtown. We walked through the park blocks and landed at the South Park wine bar for a glass of wine to start the day. Then we walked down to Pazzo's to reward ourselves for a whole week of eating healthy chicken and broccoli and we split a pizza and had a beer. Dessert was across the street to Wines on Broadway, where we love to go and visit with the delightful gal who is seeemingly always working. Then, we were ready to tackle the tasks of the day: JJ wanted a new shirt or two, and maybe a pair of jeans to round out his work wardrobe. I needed a pair of leggings from Forever 21. Now, if you know my little circle of friends at all, you know that we bop in and out of XXI on a regular basis. If you need an outfit for one night, there you go. If you need a new piece of clothes to make you feel better, there you go. If you need a fun new piece of jewelery.... or in my case, if you need leggings for $4.50... Now usually whenever I go into a "girl store" JJ goes somewhere else and I tell him how long I'll be or we'll meet up afterwards. (I don't believe in making boys watch girls shop and seriously, the only time a boy should ever step foot into a Victoria's Secret is to buy a gift certificate.. but I digress...) This time, I knew what I wanted, knew I didn't have to try anything on and we could be in and out, so he just came with. He asked why we like this store so much and so I walked over to the jewelry counter, picked something cute and asked him to guess how much it was. When I showed him the price tag, he was all "DUDE!" There was a cute pair of shoes nearby and we played the same guessing game with those. After I showed him the price, he said "This place is AWESOME!" Then he looked around and commented on how it was also full of hot chicks and maybe he should start coming here more often. He also bought me the shoes, under the condition that I had to model them without the leggings :)
Then, one more drink and it was time to head home to get ready for a date with some friends that night. But before we caught the bus, we stopped by so I could see his new office.....
ahhh, hi normal life. We've missed you.

1 comment:

Kimberly Yannariello said...

Um, can I have my rainbow back please.