Friday, April 16, 2010

Fashion Friday

Happy Friday, everybody! As I sit here in my jeans and count down the tasks until happy hour (email, meeting, project, meeting, jog, lunch, email, meeting,...), I am so happy about my job. I love, love, love it. This week was a busy one with meetings and people in from the field and I wanted to make sure I was comfy and stylish and still business-y each day. That means I defaulted to my trusted and dependable black a little more than I have been doing lately. It also means that I got to wear a lot of fun patterns. I was going to lay out all the different patterned pieces for this weeks photo, but I take very good care of my clothes and so everything was either already hung back up or in the laundry. I wore houndstooth, pinstripe, herringbone, tweed, and plaid! Here is my take on plaid this week. The shirt has a wide neck, perfect to showcase my necklace (that you can't even see in this pic) and is baggy, but still flattering. The skirt is a hand-me-down from Kim and I love it. To make it more feminine and fashion-y, I added the Flower Shoes. These, like so many pieces of my wardrobe, have a past. I saw Flower Shoes and fell in love with them and immediately purchased and wore them, but OMG, they were so uncomfortable. Since I couldn't physically wear them again, I decided to cut off the part of the shoe with the flower and then using a little rubber cement as back up, sewed them to a plain black pair of shoes that were more walk-worthy. To finish it all off, I added my standard little red hair ribbon (who could have know that a cut off dress hem would get so much use?), black earrings (not shown because my ears hurt), and my rockin' big black ring.

1 comment:

John Judy said...

I like this outfit. It is nice.