Friday, May 28, 2010

Fashion Friday

Let's dedicate today to accessories. ...the kind you never take off. I got a new tat! I've been thinking about it for a long time, and when I got my new job, I started drawing it out. A conveniently timed Groupon to the tattoo place where my guy works (Jesse at Adorn) was just the push I needed! I went in with my sketch about a month ago and made my appointment. Jesse has done my foot and lower back and I absolutely love working with him. It was his idea to do the wrap around on my waist and I love that so much that I happily trusted him to turn my little sketch into perfection. When I got there last night, we changed and tweaked it a little and in that process I was able to alter the fish face to be an Arowana... It's not a perfect Aro, but the fish Jesse picked was awesome and it just took a few changes to make me see it as my beloved Zu. This was a bonus. I had tried to draw him into my version and I couldn't get it to work right, so I was happy to settle for a fish Jesse picked and put it out of my mind. So yesterday when it was so close and all I had to do was make a couple changes, I was ecstatic. It's not how I would have drawn it at all, but I love how it turned out. It also means I have two of my fishes on my back, which might make me a little weird. But without getting all spiritual on your asses, I'll just say that I think it's cool. I will definitely add some more pics once it heals. It peeks over my shoulder too, which is pretty badass.

How hot am I going to be on the bike in my tube top this summer?