Thursday, July 29, 2010

Breathtaking

I woke up at 5 am on Saturday morning after arriving in Fairview and couldn't sleep. I decided to take advantage of my energy and go be a part of one of the most amazing things from home.. sunrise (sunset is also spectacular)... I put on jogging clothes, grabbed my camera and headed down the road.
There were some birds that kept pace with me by flying and landing on the telephone wires ahead of me, only to take flight to join me again every couple hundred feet. I got a couple harmless raindrops, and heard the low roll of far off thunder over the crunch of the gravel under my feet.
sugar beets on one side and wheat on the other....
The air was filled with the smell of the distant storm, the remnant of night, the beginning of day, and the life growing all around.
you'll want to watch this with sound :)

No comments: